The stadium was originally intended to be an athletics arena in Manchester's bid for the 2000 Summer Olympics. After the 2002 Commonwealth Games, it was converted from a 38,000 capacity arena to a 48,000 seat football stadium. Manchester City Football Club have leased the stadium from Manchester City Council since moving from their Maine Road ground in the summer of 2003. In August 2015, a further 7,000 seats on the third tier on the South Stand was completed. The expansion was created to keep the existing roof design. An expansion plan on the third tier North stand is expected to start in 2017, which will increase the capacity to around 61,000
The City of Manchester Stadium is the a home of Manchester City’s Football Club, it is also known as the Etihad Stadium for sponsorship reasons. The stadium has a capacity of 55,000, which is the third largest stadium in the Premier League and the eighth largest in the United Kingdom.
- Website: www.stadiumguide.com
- Address: Etihad Campus, Manchester, M11 3FF
- Contact: +44 (0) 161 444 1894
- Nearest Stations: Etihad Campus (Metrolink)
- Stadium Tour Times and Prices: The stadium and club tour Monday to Saturday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Sundays & Bank Holidays: 10:00 am - 4:00pm Adults: £17.00 Child (16-): £11.00 Infant (2-): Free Senior (65+): £12.00 Tickets can be purchased from the website: http://www.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Stadium-and-Club-Tours/Manchester-City-Stadium-and-Club-Tour
- Stadium Tour Times and Prices 3: Match Day Stadium and Club Tour: One of the professional guides will take you on a 60-minute match day tour of the Etihad Stadium showcasing the pride, the passion, the heritage and the future of this great football club. Adults: £17.00 Children (16-): £11.00 Senior: £12.00 Tickets can be purchased online for the Match day Stadium and Club Tour or alternatively by calling +44 (0) 161 444 1894 option 4, then option 1 (£1.75 booking fee payable per ticket).
Manchester, M11 3FF
+44 (0) 161 444 1894